Every HB Red Zone group’s game plan will be different. Each strategy will be executed in its own way. However you decide to organize your event, the goal is to have an opportunity to reach guys with the Message of hope and share biblical principles for a successful life strategy.
Strategy: Group discussion
During halftime, there’s approximately 15 – 20 minutes that can be used for conversation. Discuss highlights of the first half, or use one of the provided discussion guides, that will lead to a brief discussion on biblical strategies to issues facing the guys in the group.
- Be prepared
- Have a clear point what you are communicating
- Allow for conversation
- Be brief and to the point.
- Use HB Red Zone discussion starters
Strategy: Tailgate Party
Fire up the grill, bring out the team colors and let’s get ready for some football. Invite guys early for brats, hamburgers or steaks! This strategy is focused on hanging with the guys and building camaraderie.
- Have grilling materials ready (Gas, charcoal, utensils, seasonings, etc.)
- Be prepared with enough food
- Though not using a halftime discussion guide, always look for opportunities throughout the night to offer encouragement. This can be done informally with the group or one-on-one
Strategy: On Campus
Cram as many guys in the resident lobby as possible, boost the surround sound system and bring on the rivalry.
- Have food available (or share the load of responsibility…have attendees bring their favorite snacks)
- Bring invitations and be sure to invite the guys to the next Chi Alpha or campus ministry event
Strategy: Fantasy Football League
Create a league for the guys using your favorite Fantasy Football League (ESPN, Yahoo, etc.) Throughout the season, get together at your favorite restaurant and talk shop, talk life, talk encouragement.
- Delegate a Commissioner
- Meet up on a regular basis
- Offer an unique prize/trophy to the Champion