National Light for the Lost (LFTL) Day is scheduled for the first Sunday of May. We encourage all local churches to recognize the missions effort of LFTL through a specialized Sunday service, giving opportunity to present projects needs in providing God's Word for every person on the planet. View several LFTL opportunities here.
STEP ONE: Choose a date to host a LFTL Sunday. National LFTL Day has been designated as the first Sunday of May. However, we would encourage churches to set an alternate date should the first Sunday of May be unavailable.
STEP TWO: Determine if the presentation will be a window in your morning service with a special offering or a full-service dedicated to raising missions awarenesss for this specific cause.
STEP THREE: Use the below resources in promoting, planning and preparing for your LFTL Sunday-focused service.
STEP FOUR: Receive a special offering for LFTL. You may even elect to receive Faith Promises for the rest of the year or for a particular time frame and/or project.
- Celebrate the Light Our Celebrate the Light initiative provides you with numerous options to taylor your LFTL day to the needs and style of your church. All resources to host a Celebrate the Light LFTL Day are avaliable for free download!
The following links provide information and downloadable materials that give a sampling of the type of evangelism resources LFTL provides missionaries and missions projects around the world.
- Assemblies of God Bible Alliance (Fire Bible)
- Assemblies of God US Missions
- Assemblies of God World Missions
- Convoy of Hope
- Global University
- Network 211 (Project10 Million)
- Stories: Visit our Spotlight page to see what LFTL is providing for missionaries and missions projects around the world.